- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- 1 ounce blue curacaco liqueur
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice (do not use bottled)
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- Lime wedges
- Coarse sea salt
- Prepare simple syrup by combining granulated sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved and syrup has thickened slightly. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature before using. Store any extra simple syrup in the refrigerator.
- Combine all ingredients, including simple syrup, in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously with ice to chill. Add additional simple syrup to taste. Strain and serve over ice.
- For a salted rim, place coarse sea salt on a plate. Run a lime wedge around the edge of your cocktail glass and then roll it into salt.
- Garnish with fresh lime wheels or wedges.