Blueberry Basil Popsicles
Basil Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup basil
- 2 cup fresh blueberries (halved)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Coconut Milk Popsicle Base
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unflavored yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 tablespoon basil simple syrup
- 2 teaspoon minced basil leaves
- For simple syrup, boil sugar and water together a medium saucepan. Add whole basil leaves.
- Simmer for two minutes and then pour into a clear jar and strain mixture to remove basil leaves, or leave in for additional flavor depending on preference.
- For blueberry compote, in a small saucepan combine blueberries, water, sugar, and lemon juice and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until blueberries begin to release their juice. Stir for about 4 more minutes. Let mixture cool.
- Next, blend coconut milk, yogurt, vanilla, basil simple syrup, and minced basil leaves together. In a bowl, combine this mixture with blueberry compote. Spoon mixture into popsicle molds. Freeze for about 6 hours or overnight and enjoy.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashley Schoenith @heirloomedblog.