- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (about 1/2 small lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pure almond extract
- Place blueberries in a saucepan and cook over low heat until blueberries are very soft, about 10 minutes.
- Press mixture through a fine mesh sieve, then return liquid to saucepan on medium low heat. Add sugar, butter, eggs, lemon zest, salt and almond extract, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes. Watch carefully so that mixture does not curdle.
- Remove from heat, let cool to room temperature, then transfer to a bowl and cover by pressing a piece of plastic wrap over surface to prevent a skin from forming.
- Chill 2 hours or overnight.
- Keep refrigerated.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Clarke @WellPlated.