Blueberry Hand Pies
- Add blueberries to a large pot. Add sugar, corn starch, lemon juice, and salt.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until blueberries have released their juices and corn starch thickens and turns translucent. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Roll out pie dough on a lightly floured surface until approximately 1/8-inch thick. Cut out large circles using a large round cutter.
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoons pie filling into center of each circle of pie dough. Fold dough over and press with tines of a fork to seal. Transfer to baking sheets. Repeat with remaining pie dough and filling.
- Whisk egg and cold water in a small bowl. Brush each hand pie with egg wash using a pastry brush. Cut a slit in top of each hand pie to vent. Sprinkle each hand pie with turbinado sugar for decoration if using.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and cool before enjoying.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.