Blueberry Lemon Braid
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (170g) Lemon Curd
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- For dusting Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unfold pastry sheet on prepared baking sheet. Gently roll it with a rolling pin to be a little thinner than it is out of the box - not much, just a little larger.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture down center of puff pastry. Top cream cheese layer with lemon curd and then sprinkle with blueberries.
- Cut slits 1-inch apart from 2 sides of pastry rectangle within 1/2-inch of filling. Starting at one end, fold pastry strips over filling on a diagonal, alternating sides.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 egg and water. Brush pastry lightly with egg wash.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
OMG, this is the bomb.. Easy to make, beautiful looking, and so tasty. We made it for breakfast but it would be good for dessert as well. We even commented that it would make a lovely birthday treat if you don't want a traditional cake. Definitely try this guys! Also I would mention that we liked it warm or cool, although if pushed I'd say I preferred it warm. Get your fat pants ready, but the extra time at the gym will be worth it.