Blueberry Lemon Braid
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unfold pastry sheet on prepared baking sheet. Gently roll it with a rolling pin to be a little thinner than it is out of the box - not much, just a little larger.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture down center of puff pastry. Top cream cheese layer with lemon curd and then sprinkle with blueberries.
- Cut slits 1-inch apart from 2 sides of pastry rectangle within 1/2-inch of filling. Starting at one end, fold pastry strips over filling on a diagonal, alternating sides.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 egg and water. Brush pastry lightly with egg wash.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.