Blueberry Orange Muffins
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream, sour cream, egg, melted butter, zest, juice and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine with wet ingredients, stirring ONLY until just combined. Do NOT overmix.
- Gingerly fold in blueberries to batter, taking care not to damage them. Scoop into greased muffin tin cups (or cupcake liners, if preferred).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and serve warm.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.