- Pure Butter Pie Crust (or store-bought)
Blueberry Pie Filling
- 4 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon lemon or orange juice
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, in cubes
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) cold unsalted butter, very cold
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare pure butter pie crust or defrost store-bought crust.
- Prepare filling. Place blueberries and juice in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, sift or whisk together sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add to blueberries along with butter. Set aside.
- Meanwhile prepare streusel topping. In a clean bowl combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Using box grater, grate butter on small "eyes" of grater directly into dry ingredients. Rub mixture between hands until crumbly and looks like wet sand. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface roll pie crust, just large enough to cover pie tin. Place in tin and cut away extra dough.
- Scoop pie filling into pie. Cover with streusel.
- Place on lower rack of oven with aluminum foil sheet underneath pie to catch drippings.
- Bake for 40 minutes and then reduce oven to 350°F and bake until pie fillings makes thick bubbles like honey.
- If desired serve with Crème Chantilly or ice cream.