Bourbon Pecan Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place pecans on baking sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until they become fragrant. Set aside.
- In small saucepan, melt butter and whisk together brown sugar and salt until bubbly. Remove from heat. Add toasted pecans and stir to coat. Let cool.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together heavy cream, half and half, granulated sugar, bourbon, and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into frozen ice cream maker and prepare according to manufacturer’s instructions, churning approximately 25 minutes. Add in pecan mixture and mix 1-2 minutes until combined.
- Enjoy immediately or store ice cream in freezer-safe container for 2-4 hours or overnight for a more hardened treat. Enjoy!
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashley Schoenith @heirloomedblog.