Bourbon Pecan Ice Cream
Brown Sugar Pecans
- 1 cup shelled pecans, pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Bourbon Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place pecans on baking sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until they become fragrant. Set aside.
- In small saucepan, melt butter and whisk together brown sugar and salt until bubbly. Remove from heat. Add toasted pecans and stir to coat. Let cool.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together heavy cream, half and half, granulated sugar, bourbon, and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into frozen ice cream maker and prepare according to manufacturer’s instructions, churning approximately 25 minutes. Add in pecan mixture and mix 1-2 minutes until combined.
- Enjoy immediately or store ice cream in freezer-safe container for 2-4 hours or overnight for a more hardened treat. Enjoy!
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashley Schoenith @heirloomedblog.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments