Brown Sugar Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Imperial SugarLight Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Place a long strip of parchment paper cut to fit width of pan in bottom of pan and up two ends. This will be used to lift bread out of pan after it’s baked. Spray parchment paper again with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix all swirl ingredients together in a medium bowl until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another large bowl whisk together egg, brown sugar, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Pour 2/3 of batter into prepared pan. Drop 1/2 of swirl mixture, by teaspoon, onto batter. Top with remaining batter and finally remaining swirl mixture.
- With a butter knife carefully swirl batter and swirl mixture together.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until center is set.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.