Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1 medium whole ham (12-14 lbs), precooked variety*
- Pineapple slices
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Unwrap ham and rinse under cold water; pat dry. Score the ham's skin about 1 inch deep vertically and diagonally every 2 inches to create a criss-cross pattern to allow glaze to soak in.
- Place ham, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan large enough to comfortably hold ham. Tent ham with foil and place it in the middle of a preheated oven. General baking time guidelines are listed below. Ham should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F.
- About an hour and a half before ham is done, prepare glaze. Mix granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, cloves, and honey until combined.
- Add mixture to a saucepan over low heat and add second-listed brown sugar and Italian dressing. Mix until sugar has dissolved.
- During last hour of roasting, remove foil tent and pour brown sugar glaze over ham, basting every 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let ham rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with greenery and pineapples, if desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
How Long to Cook Ham*
- Precooked and boneless ham: 15-24 minutes per pound
- Precooked and bone-in ham: 18-20 minutes per pound
- Uncooked and boneless ham: 30-35 minutes per pound
- Uncooked and bone-in ham: 22-26 minutes per pound