Brown Sugar Nut Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until light again.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. Add chopped nuts.
- Shape into a log 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- To bake, preheat oven to 375°F. Slice dough thinly as possible and place 1-inch apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8 minutes or until just golden brown.
Imperial Sugar Insight
This recipe was originally published in the 1987 edition of Homemade Good News.