Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies with Brown Sugar Frosting
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1 1 /2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Additional pecans
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and sugar. With paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and creamy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Beat well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and chopped pecans. Mix until just combined.
- With a medium size ice-cream scoop, drop cookie dough on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, for 10-11 minutes until they are slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, add sugar and cream. Cook over medium-low flame until sugar dissolves and cream reaches boiling point. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter. Whisk until butter is melted.
- Stir in powder sugar. The frosting will seem a little runny but do not add more powdered sugar. Immediately frost cookies and decorate with chopped or halved pecans.
- The icing will start to firm up as soon as you spread it over cookies.
- Let frosting set completely before storing cookies.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Roxana Yawgel at a TrEATS Affair.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments
Jul 29, 2017
Great cookie! Frosting gets hard quick! If you double the cookie recipe, do not doubles the frosting. Make two batches. Love the flavor!