Brown Sugar Pound Cake
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 10-inch tube or bundt pan, set aside.
- Cream butter until creamy; add sugars and cream further. Add eggs one at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated after mixed. Scrape in between additions. Add vanilla and cream until light and fluffy.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add 1/4 of flour mixture and combine, add 1/3 of milk and combine. Repeat with flour and milk until all is incorporated.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and place in oven. Bake for approximately 80-90 minutes or until center bounces back when gently pressed or an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If cake becomes too dark cover with foil.
- Let sit 10 minutes. Place a serving dish on top of baking pan and quickly turn upside down. Remove pan and cover with plastic food film. Let cool.
- For praline sauce: In a saucepan bring butter, brown sugar, half and half, and salt to a boil. Continue to boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add pecans and vanilla mixing well. Pour on top of cake.