Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots
- 8 medium/large carrots
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup tablespoon Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Peel carrots and slice each carrot into 4-inch long strips and about 3/4-1-inch wide. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and red pepper. Place carrots into bowl and stir to coat carrots evenly with vinegar mixture. Pour carrots and extra liquid onto a large baking sheet evenly, arranging carrots in a single layer on pan.
- Roast carrots for 25-30 minutes or until balsamic mixture has thickened and carrots are a deep golden brown and tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
- Store airtight in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.