Browned Butter Crème Brûlée Pie with Candied Pecans
- 1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Candied Pecans
- Crème Chantilly
- Chocolate Ganache or Sauce
- 3 mandarin oranges, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat egg and brush a thin layer onto surface of pie crust. Place in oven for 8 minutes and remove. Turn oven temperature down to 300°F.
- In a small saucepan, bring butter to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium and cook until butter is fragrant, nutty and pale brown. Remove from heat and pour thru a fine mesh strainer into a small bowl.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, whisk egg yolks and remaining amount of whole beaten egg.
- Add sugar and rapidly whisk smooth. Add heavy cream followed by browned butter and whisk smooth. Add vanilla extract.
- Place in oven and bake until center of pie no longer trembles, about 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place in refrigerator until completely cold.
- Prepare Candied Pecans and Chocolate Ganache and set aside.
- Prepare Crème Chantilly and spread on surface of pie. Decorate with candied pecans, ganache and mandarin oranges or other fruit.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments