Browned Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3 (10 oz) bags mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 10 cups crispy rice cereal
- Grease a 9x13-inch casserole pan with butter, set aside.
- In a large, light colored, heavy bottomed pot (like an enameled dutch oven) melt butter over medium heat.
- Cook butter, stirring every few seconds, until butter turns a deep golden color and you see dark flecks. This whole process will take between 8 to 10 minutes if your heat is on medium.
- As soon as butter is browned add brown sugar and stir. Then, immediately add 2 bags of marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is completely melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat, then immediately stir in vanilla extract and salt. Fold in crispy rice cereal, moving quickly and then fold in remaining bag of mini marshmallows.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Using a buttered spatula, lightly press them into pan. Do not press them down too much, just spread them out. (If you press them down too much they will become very dense and not as fluffy.)
- Allow treats to rest for at least 1 hour at room temperature too cool. Slice into squares or cut into shapes and store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra@TheNoviceChef.
Kellog's Rice Krispies is a registered trademark. ®,™, © 2020 Kellogg NA Co. All rights reserved.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments