- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (1 cup chips)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons holiday sprinkles, optional
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Grease an 11 X 18-inch rimmed baking tray with butter or baking spray and line with a piece of parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in microwave on high power for 30-second increments, stirring after each, until melted. Or melt in a double boiler on stove set over low heat.
- Let cool slightly, so it’s no longer hot to touch.
- Whisk eggs until blended then sprinkle in sugar and whisk for one minute until pale yellow.
- Stir in melted butter and chocolate mixture, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Spread brownie batter onto prepared pan. Leave about an inch of space around edge of pan for brownie to spread.
- Sprinkle on mini chocolate chips and top with holiday sprinkles if using.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes until edges of brownie look set and center no longer looks wet. If you prefer crispier brownie brittle, bake for a few extra minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and let brownie brittle cool completely for about an hour on baking tray.
- Break brownie brittle into pieces and enjoy.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe created for Imperial Sugar by Beth Jackson Klosterboer @Hungry Happenings.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments