- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa, natural, non Dutched
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 bag (12 oz) chocolate chips, 42-50% cocoa
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups walnut or pecan pieces
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8.5x11-inch pan with non-stick spray, or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cut butter in cubes and place in a bowl along with chocolate. Melt on low in a microwave, or sit bowl over barely simmering water while constantly stirring. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until well blended. Add sugar and whisk vigorously for 1 minute until well combined. Add melted chocolate along with salt and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture and stir to combine. Add nuts.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Place in oven and bake until center of brownies feels slightly firm when pressed with a finger, approximately 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting.