Buckeye Skillet Cookie
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Ice cream, optional topping
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In an electric stand mixer cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar for 2 minutes, or until it is light and creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt until everything is fully incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- In a separate bowl mix together peanut butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread half of cookie down into bottom of a 11- or 12-inch oven safe skillet. Spread peanut butter mixture evenly over top. Top with remaining cookie dough, pressing down on edges to enclose peanut butter.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until edges are set and center is completely dry looking and set. Remove from oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Best served warm with ice cream on top.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments