Butter Pecan Crisp Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar or Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar, well packed
- 1 medium egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups pecan pieces
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Beat butter until creamy. Add brown sugar and continue mixing until well creamed. Add egg, vanilla, and salt and beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture in one step and mix until dough forms, do not overmix. Add pecans and mix briefly.
- Between 2 sheets of plastic food film, roll dough into a 10 x 14-inch rectangle.
- Place in freezer for about 25 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 330°F.
- Remove plastic and cut dough into circles about 2.5 inches in diameter.
- Place on parchment or lightly buttered cookie sheets.
- Place in oven for about 15-17 minutes. Cookies will rise in oven at first. When they start to deflate, it's a sign that they can be removed from oven.
- Store airtight.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments