- Line a 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. (Rubbing a little oil on bottom and sides will make paper stick better.) Set aside.
- In a sauté pan melt butter. Add pecan pieces and stir on medium heat until butter has been absorbed by pecans. Set aside.
- In a saucepan large enough to hold all ingredients, combine sugars, cream, corn syrup, butter, and salt. Using a heat resistant spatula, stir to a boil.
- Boil mixture to 237°F-238°. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Allow mixture to cool to 110°F-120°F. Stir in vanilla and pecan pieces.
- Pour into prepared pan and allow to set.
- After a few hours cut into desired size.