Butter Toffee Peanuts
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 cups salted dry roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a 15 X 10 X 1-inch nonstick baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Add peanuts and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread peanuts onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, until mixture is bubbly and lightly golden, stirring nuts every 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, sprinkle on more salt if desired and allow nuts to cool completely.
- Once cooled, break the nuts apart.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.