Buttered Popcorn Chocolate Bark
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons corn kernels
- Salt, as needed
- 1- 2 teaspoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Pinch cayenne (optional)
- 11 ounces dark chocolate
- Melt butter in a pot with a lid and allow it to bubble. Add corn kernels and place lid. Shake pot vigorously as kernels pop to avoid burning and allow even cooking. Remove from heat.
- Add salt, sugar, and cayenne, as desired, shaking to coat.
- Melt 2/3 of chocolate in microwave in 20 second intervals until melted and smooth, roughly 105 degrees. Stir in remaining chocolate until melted.
- Spread melted chocolate onto parchment paper and immediately sprinkle with prepared popcorn. When chocolate is nearly set, cut into desired shapes and allow to set until room temperature, or, refrigerate as desired. Keep stored in airtight container.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments