Buttermilk Pound Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 3/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter with sugar and eggs. Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add buttermilk and flavorings to sugar mixture. Gently mix everything together.
- Grease a tube pan and fill with batter.
- Bake for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with crème Chantilly and fresh berries.
Imperial Sugar Insight
This Buttermilk Pound Cake was given to us by employee Janett Rogers.