- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x13-inch baking pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper and butter paper. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook butter, stirring until it turns golden brown. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, combine browned butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat on medium-high speed until well combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in butterscotch chips.
- Transfer dough into prepared baking pan and press into an even layer.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before turning out of pan onto a cutting board.
- Peel off parchment paper; cut blondies into 12 squares.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.