- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (3.4 oz) butterscotch pudding
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place a greased 9-inch spring-form pan on a double thickness of foil, securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a food processor combine crumbs and 1/3 cup sugar; pulse a couple times and then slowly add butter.
- Press onto bottom of pan, place pan on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, cool on wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, add cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar, beat on low speed. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time and mix together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk pudding and milk together and add to cream cheese mixture. Stir well. Place pan into a large baking pan; pour mixture into crust. Place pans in oven. Add 1 inch of hot water into outer pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until center is almost set and top appears dull. Turn off oven and leave door open for 30 minutes. Remove pan from water bath and cool for 10 min on rack. Refrigerate overnight, garnish with whipped cream.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Tested by Gerry Speirs @Foodness Gracious.
Tasted very good but more like a flan or mousse than a traditional cheesecake. Would make again!