Butterscotch Cheesecake Bars
- 11 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line 9 x 9-inch baking dish with foil and lightly coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add butterscotch chips and butter to a saucepan. Warm over medium-low heat and continuously stir until melted.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in graham cracker crumbs.
- Remove 1 cup of graham cracker crumb mixture and set aside.
- Press remaining crumb mixture in prepared baking dish forming a crust.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes or until creamy.
- Mix in egg, vanilla extract, and salt until creamy.
- Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over crust. Sprinkle remaining graham cracker mixture on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until edges start to set. It might still be a little jiggly in center. Remove from oven and let cool for at least 1 hour at room temperature.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Heather Seeley @FoodLovinFamily.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments