- 3 cups Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Cream together brown sugar and shortening with electric mixer.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture into batter and mix on low until combined.
- Fold chopped nuts into batter.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a flat, lightly floured surface and cut out circles with biscuit cutter.
- Place prepared baking sheets and bake for 7 minutes or until edges turn lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.