Butterscotch Graham Cookies
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 package (11 oz) butterscotch chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, vanilla pudding mix, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed until fluffy and light, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in egg , egg yolk, vanilla extract, and milk; gradually beat in flour mixture. Use a wooden spoon to fold in butterscotch chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake roughly 9 minutes, until edges just begin to turn golden and middles look slightly underdone. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Kristan Roland @bakescupcakes.