Candied Pecan Caramel Coconut Cookies
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Prepare candied pecans. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift flour and set aside.
- Mix butter, salt, and powdered sugar until very well combined but not until light and fluffy.
- Add coconut and caramel bits. Once combined add flour and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Divide dough in half and roll into tubes about 1 1/4-inches in diameter.
- Place tubes in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Using a sturdy chef’s knife cut crosswise in 1/3-inch slices. Place on prepared cookie sheets about 1/2 inch apart.
- If tube was frozen solid, allow sliced cookies to reach room temperature before baking. Place in oven and bake 15-18 minutes, or until the edges of cookies turn a pale golden.
- Melt a few tablespoons of caramel bits in the microwave oven and use it to stick a candied pecan on top of each cookie.
Imperial Sugar Insight
NOTE: Select flour with 3 grams/protein on the nutrition facts label.