Candy Corn Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- Yellow gel food coloring
- Orange gel food coloring
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth. Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt until incorporated. Add in orange gel food coloring by hand, gently working in with fingers until evenly distributed. Continue to add food coloring until desired color is achieved. Cover and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight) to make rolling easier.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter or by hand. Place cookies 1 inch apart on cookie sheets lined with parchment or a Silpat.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Allow to cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate chips in microwave, heating for 15 second increments. Stir after each heating. When just melted and smooth, dip bottom end of cookie in white chocolate. Spread to cover as necessary. When all cookies have been dipped, add yellow tint as desired, stirring until uniform. Gel color works best to prevent seizing. Dip other end of cookie in yellow chocolate. Allow to cool.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments