- 4-6 ounces saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- Optional: Pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 bag (6 oz) chocolate chips (milk/semi-sweet or bittersweet)
- 1/2 cup slivered toasted almonds or pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- For easy clean up, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place crackers close to each other on cookie sheet.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a saucepan and boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add cinnamon if desired. Let cool for 2 minutes.
- Drizzle mixture on crackers and place in oven for about 5-8 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Let cool for a minute and scatter chocolate chips and nuts if using onto warm crackers. Let cool completely as candy is very hot.
Note: This irresistible candy can be made with standard crackers, but for a healthier snack, make these with whole grain and trans fat free crackers.
The candy crackers are a great mix of sweet and salty. The caramel is very easy to make and the recipe came together very quickly and simply.