Caramel Apple Egg Rolls
- In a large saucepan, mix brown sugar, butter, milk, and cinnamon over medium-low heat. Cook while whisking gently for 5-7 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Carefully pour about a half a cup of caramel sauce into a pourable container. Set aside.
- Add apples to remaining caramel sauce and continue to whisk for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside until cool.
- Place an egg roll wrapper with a point facing you. Place about 3 tablespoons of apple filling in a line down center of wrapper, corner to corner leaving plenty of room on ALL sides to completely seal in filling.
- Bring point closest to you over filling and press around filling gently. Fold in left and right corners. It will now look similar to an envelope. Lightly dampen upper corner with a bit of water then roll filling rest of the way up to make a nice neat egg roll. Set aside edge down. Repeat with rest of apple filling and egg roll wrappers.
- Heat a large skillet with about 1/2-inch of oil over medium heat. Fry egg rolls, rotating often to brown evenly, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with warm caramel sauce and ice cream, if desired.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.