Caramel Apple Rustic Pie
- Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a 15 oz box) softened as directed on package
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 baking apples (such as braeburn or granny smith) peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- To prepare caramel sauce: Combine whipping cream, butter, sugar, corn syrup and vanilla in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for 3 minutes; remove from heat. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- To prepare pie:Preheat oven to 425°F. Place softened pie crust on an ungreased baking sheet or baking stone.
- Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add apples; toss gently to coat. Spoon apple mixture onto center of crust spreading to within 2-inches from edge. Fold crust edge over filling to create a rustic crust, pleating crust, if necessary.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Drizzle 1/2 cup cooled caramel sauce over pie. Sprinkle with peanuts. Cut into slices; serve with remaining caramel sauce.