Caramel Apple Salad
- 1 (5.1 oz) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups whipped cream
- 3 small Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 3 small Red Delicious apples, chopped
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped and divided
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place large metal mixing bowl of a stand mixer and a whisk attachment in freezer to chill for 15 minutes.
- Make whipped cream by combining cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla in chilled bowl. Begin beating on low speed, gradually increasing speed until stiff peaks form. Place bowl with whipped cream in refrigerator until ready to use.
- For Caramel Sauce, place sugar in a medium heavy pot over medium low heat until melted. Gently swirl pot slowly about every 30 seconds to melt clumps; do not burn.
- When sugar has melted and is smooth, decrease heat to low. Add butter; mixture will bubble. Stir until butter melts. Stir in heavy cream and sea salt.
- Remove from heat and continue stirring until completely mixed. Transfer to a glass airtight container. Set aside with lid off to cool. Refrigerate any leftover sauce tin a tightly sealed container.
- To assemble, whisk together pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl. Fold in whipped cream until completely mixed. Stir in apples and 1/2 cup pecans. Chill covered for 1 hour before serving.
- When ready to serve scoop into serving glasses. Drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ericka Sanchez @nibblesandfeasts.