Caramel Banana Muffins
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup, packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 medium banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 medium banana, peeled and thinly sliced
- Caramel sauce for drizzling
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place muffin/cupcake liners into muffin tin, set aside.
- In mixing bowl cream together cream cheese, butter and sugar until well combined. Add egg, mashed banana and vanilla and mix until evenly mixed, scraping sides as necessary.
- Mix in baking powder and salt, and finally flour. When batter comes together fill muffin liners 2/3 full.
- Top each muffin with 3 slices of banana.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick entered in the center of muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from tin and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Serve warm.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.