Caramel Cashew Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 11 ounces caramel bits
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups cashew halves
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper or alternatively spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar, cornstarch, salt, and vanilla until combined. Add flour and mix until a dough is formed. You may need to press and squeeze dough in your palms to form a dough-like consistency.
- Press into prepared pan in an even layer and bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, heat caramel bits and heavy cream on low until smooth and creamy.
- Sprinkle cashew halves on warm shortbread crust and pour caramel on top spreading it evenly. Allow bars to set up before cutting.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Kraft @SprinkleSomeSugar.