Caramel Filled Cinnamon Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 bag caramels (such as Kraft®)
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter until smooth; add sugar and cream further. Add eggs one at a time, add salt and vanilla and mix until light and creamy.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add flour in one step to creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Refrigerate dough for about 1 hour. Roll dough into balls made from one tablespoon dough.
- Press a hole in center of ball and place an unwrapped caramel into middle. Press dough together to cover hole.
- For cinnamon sugar combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough balls into mixture.
- Place on a parchment or silicone baking mat lined cookie sheet.
- Bake until cookies become light golden on edges, about 9-11 minutes, baking time will ultimately depend on size of cookies.