Caramel Pecan Brownie Cake
- Homemade Caramel Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons (1) stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz) chocolate chips, 50-60% cocoa
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup prepared caramel
- Remaining caramel sauce
- Candied Pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line bottom and sides of a 9-inch round cake pan with aluminum foil. Brush melted butter. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cut butter in cubes and place in a bowl along with chocolate. Melt in a bowl placed over barely simmering water while constantly stirring. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs until well blended. Add brown sugar and whisk vigorously for 1 minute until well combined. Add melted chocolate along with salt and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Add 1/2 cup of caramel. (Remaining amount is used for decorating surface of cake.)
- Add flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread batter into cake pan and place in oven, bake for 37-40 minutes or until center of brownie cake feels slightly firm when pressed with a finger.
- After 30 minutes resting at room temperature place in refrigerator or freezer to make it possible for sharp and precise cutting.
- Once cooled, drizzle caramel sauce on surface. Scatter with candied pecans.
- In a small bowl combine chocolate and oil. Place in a microwave oven for 10 seconds at a time and stirring in between. It should not take any longer than 30 seconds total.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on surface.