Caramel Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 12-14 soft caramels
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Chop soft caramel candies in half and set aside.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together until smooth with no lumps. Beat in egg, vanilla and peanut butter until completely combined. Pour in flour and baking soda and mix until just incorporated without over-mixing. Dough will be very soft and sticky. Chill dough for at least 15 minutes.
- Roll 1" rounded tablespoons of dough, press caramel in center, and then roll again. Place cookies 1-inch apart on baking sheet and slightly flatten with palm of your hand. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- These Caramel Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies will stay soft and fresh for up to 6 days stored in an airtight container.