- 3/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (14 oz) caramels, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heavily grease or line an 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper as caramel will stick to sides.
- In a bowl mix butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well combined. Spread 1/2 of dough into prepared baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt caramels and heavy cream together.
- After removing pan from oven, sprinkle chocolate chips over dough. Pour caramel on top and spread into an even layer. Crumble last 1/2 of dough over top. It does not need to cover perfectly. Return to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before serving and cut into squares.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.