Caramelized Apples and Cinnamon Glaze Crescent Doughnuts
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- 1 1/2 quart frying oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel and cut apples in 4 quarters. Cut each quarter in 4 slices and cut slices crosswise to obtain even sized cubes. Place in microwave oven to make apples warm-hot. Set aside.
- Pour sugar in a sauté pan and shake pan to obtain an even layer of sugar. Place on medium-high heat and allow sugar to melt and caramelize. Once sugar is mostly melted stir using a heat resistant spatula to melt sugar evenly until it turns light golden brown.
- Add apple pieces and stir to combine. Lower heat to low-medium and add butter and salt. Stir several minutes to soften apples. Add vanilla and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Place oil onto heat source and heat to 325°F-350°F.
- Meanwhile unwrap one package of crescent rolls onto a cutting board. Stack half of dough onto other half. Repeat by stacking one half of dough onto remaining half. Press any perforations showing on dough together.
- Roll stacked dough slightly wider to ensure that it will fit your round cutter. Using a round cutter with approximate dimensions of 3 inches cut 2 circles. Using a round 1/2-inch cutter, cut a hole in center.
- Press left over dough into a circle and cut another pastry. Repeat with remaining crescent dough package.
- Place about 2 doughnuts in oil and fry about 1 1/2 minutes on both sides. Place on paper towels.
- Prepare glaze by melting butter. Add powdered sugar, water, vanilla and cinnamon and whisk well.
- Cut doughnuts horizontally in half. Spoon apple filling in middle and drizzle with glaze.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments