Carrie’s Cranberry Cobbler
- 1 bag (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix cranberries, chopped nuts and 1/2 cup sugar and place into a greased 9 inch deep dish pie plate.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, remaining sugar, butter/margarine, oil, eggs and mix well.
- Pour this mixture evenly over cranberry mixture, gently spreading to edges. Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour until crust is firm and golden.
Notes from Carrie: Each successive day in the refrigerator, this dish just seems to get better. I serve this cobbler all year long. It is the perfect blend of tart berries combined with the sugary goodness of a crisp cobbler top. It is simple and quick. It makes a beautiful gift when baked in a fun fluted pie plate for the recipient to keep. I wrap it in festive cellophane with the recipe attached.