Carrot Cake Bars
- 1 cup oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons spring sprinkles
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 10x15x1-inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Beat oil, eggs, and sugars together. Add carrots and zucchini and stir well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Slowly beat into wet ingredients until combined.
- Add 3/4 cup nuts and gently stir into batter. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- To prepare cream cheese frosting, beat cream cheese, butter, and salt until creamy.
- Add vanilla, powdered sugar, and heavy cream and beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread evenly on cooled cake. Top with remaining chopped pecans and sprinkles.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.