Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- 7 ounces (207 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups grated carrots (grated on small “eyes” not prickly side of grater)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces (optional)
- 1 1/2 packages (12 oz total) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Zest of 1 large orange, no white bitter pith
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- Almonds or pecan halves (for decoration)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using baking spray or melted butter, grease a 9 or 10-inch springform pan. Place springform pan on 3 sheets of aluminum foil and wrap around sides. Set pan aside.
- In a bowl, whisk oil and eggs until very well blended. Add vanilla extract.
- Whisk in sugar, flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Whisk mixture until very smooth.
- Add grated carrots. Add raisins and nuts if using.
- Pour into pan and place in oven. Bake for about 38-43 minutes or until center bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger.
- Meanwhile prepare cheesecake topping. Mix soft cream cheese with sugar on medium speed in a mixer or using a rubber handheld spatula with a bowl.
- Add cornstarch, vanilla, egg, and orange zest and mix until completely smooth. Add whipping cream.
- Once cake is baked (cake can still be piping hot) scrape cheesecake filling over cake.
- Place springform pan in a roasting pan. Fill roasting pan with hot water until it comes halfway up the sides of springform pan. Place in oven and turn heat to 325°F.
- Bake until center of cake has set and no longer trembles in center. If cake was still hot when cheese mixture was poured, baking time could be 35 minutes. Poured on a cold cake it could take 45 minutes.
- Once cool enough to handle place cake in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, decorate with nuts of choice.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments