Carrot Cake Pound Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrots
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325° F and grease a 10-inch Bundt pan very well. Set aside.
- Beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy for three minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating one minute between each one.
- Whisk spices and flour together and add to mixture gradually. Add sour cream and vanilla extract, stirring until just combined. Gently fold in carrots. Pour into prepared pan and bake 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- When cake comes out of the oven, release edges with a butter knife. Allow to cool in pan completely before inverting onto a cake plate.
- To prepare frosting, whip butter and cream cheese until combined. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Heat in microwave for 10 seconds and drizzle over cooled cake.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Kraft @SprinkleSomeSugar.