Carrot Cake Trifle
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 lb. mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean, or 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch table salt
- 1 pineapple, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups toasted coconut
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Whipped cream (optional)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Add oil, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt to the bowl on an electric mixer and mix on low speed. Add baking soda and flour. Beat until combined. Add carrots and pecans and mix until just blended. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely. Cut into small cubes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine mascarpone, cream, sugar, vanilla bean, and salt. Beat on low speed until almost smooth, about a minute. Increase the speed to medium high and beat until the mixture is thick and holds firm peaks, another 30 seconds to a minute, being careful to not over-beat.
- To assemble trifle, add a layer of cake cubes to the bottom of a glass bowl. Top with mascarpone filling, pineapple, and sprinkle with coconut. Repeat until all ingredients have been used. Top with whipped cream and garnish with pecans and coconut.