Carrot Patch Brownies
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 ounce chocolate syrup
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate icing
- 1 cup white icing
- Orange food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Green edible grass or green rope candy for carrot tops
- Decorating tips #12 and #233
- 2 Piping bags
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line 8x8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or foil with overlapping ends. (Or prepare in individual brownie tins.)
- In a large bowl, combine diced butter, sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Stir mixture and microwave for another 30 seconds. Let chocolate mixture cool slightly.
- When chocolate mixture has cooled a bit, stir in vanilla and salt. Stir in eggs.
- Mix in flour until completely incorporated; stir in chocolate syrup.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-45 minutes until done.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Once cooled, cut brownies into squares.
- Spread chocolate frosting onto brownies. Top frosted brownies with mini chocolate chips.
- Tint 10 tablespoons of white icing orange and 6 tablespoons of white icing green.
- Fill piping bag fitted with #12 tip with orange icing.
- Pipe 3 carrot tops onto each brownie.
- Fill piping bag fitted with #233 tip with green icing and pipe a few patches of grass onto each brownie.
- Cut green edible grass or green rope candy into pieces for carrot tops.
- Place carrot tops onto icing carrots; each carrot will need three pieces.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments