- 1 pound carrots, cleaned and cut
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- For topping: Gold ’N Natural Turbinado Sugar
- Or Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter or spray 6 ramekins (or one small casserole dish) and set aside.
- In medium pot, cook carrots in water until fork tender; drain.
- Combine remaining ingredients in food processor and pulse until well combined. Add in cooked carrots and continue to pulse until smooth.
- Divide carrot mixture into prepared ramekins or casserole and bake for 35 - 40 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with sugar, if desired, and caramelize with kitchen torch or place under oven broiler until browned. Watch closely to prevent burning. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.