Apple Cinnamon Bacon Bread
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 2/3 cups white whole wheat flour* or sprouted whole wheat flour*
- 1/3 cup oats, old fashioned or quick
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup well packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking pan or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place bacon in frying pan and cook on medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon. Once cool enough to handle, chop in small pieces.
- In a bowl combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon and whisk ingredients to distribute evenly.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, whisk eggs and oil until well combined. Add vanilla extract, brown sugar, and salt.
- Peel and core apples and cut in cubes. Add to above along with raisins.
- Add dry ingredients and bacon and fold just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Scrape into pan and place in oven. Bake until center bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.